Chinese experts disapprove the way ration is being distributed in Sindh

Health

In meeting with Murad Shah they said ‘Distribution of food should also be made in isolation; crowds in any kind would destroy the efforts’

New 50 cases of coronavirus detected, two more expired raising death toll to 20

Staff Report

Karachi: A nine-member medical experts’ delegation of China, led by Mr. Ma Minghui, has disapproved the way relief goods are being distributed among the lockdown-affected people in Sindh.

This transpired in Chinese delegation’s meeting with Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah at CM House on Wednesday during which they shared their experience with regard to eliminating the Coronavirus.

The Chinese experts said that distribution of food (ration) should also be made in isolation. “Crowds in any kind would destroy the efforts aimed at containing the virus,” they said.

The urged the chief minister to ensure social distancing among the people, otherwise spread of infection could not be controlled. They said that they had observed strict lockdown, that’s was why everything could be brought under control.

The chief minister said that he has also closed the government offices, schools and closed all business centers and even factories and public transport. “This is why we have contained it but still we have t to more measures to save our people,” he said.

Shah said that due to shortage of testing kits and equipment his government could not conduct test of all people. “We are testing those who have travel history and family members of the positive cases,” he said.

The delegation assured the chief minister that they would provide him expertise and other equipment to the provincial government.

Meanwhile, in his regular video briefing to the people of the country in general and Sindh in particular, Shah said that during last 24 hour [till after noon of April 8] two more patients lost their lives while 50 more cases were detected.

The chief minister said that upto the morning of April 8 the provincial government conducted 785 more tests, of them 50 samples were found positive. The number tests conducted so far comes to 10981. The total cases rose to 1036.

With death of two patients the death toll has reached to 20. Out of 1036 cases 637 are locally transmitted.

CM attends PM meeting: Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah also participated in the prime minister’s meeting through video link and suggested that the people coming from other countries through international flights should be kept in quarantine at any nearby hotel. The quarantine was the responsibility of the federal government even then the provincial government would help the center.

The chief minister also suggested the federal government to issue SOP for post lockdown period. He said that new discipline of life would have to be made otherwise things would go out of control.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *