Now Sindh has Coronavirus cases in its 19 districts

Health

Districts include Hyderabad, Jamshoro, Badin, T. M. Khan, Sujawal, Dadu, Benazirabad, Sanghar, Naushehro Feroze, Sukkur, Ghotki, Larkana, Jacobabad, Karachi East, West, South, Central, Malir and Korangi

Heads of private sector hospitals suggest Chief Minister Murad Shah not to ease off lockdown even after April 14

Karachi: The number of coronavirus cases in Sindh rose to 986 as 54 new cases surfaced till Tuesday afternoon.

The district-wise breakup of COVID-19 cases released by Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah in his video message today shows that the virus has spread in 19 districts of province including five districts of Karachi. The breakup of 986 cases is: 159 in Hyderabad, two in Jamshoro, one in Badin, 12 in Tando Mohammad Khan, one in Sujawal, one in Dadu, seven in Shaheed Benazirabad, one in Sanghar, four in Naushehro Feroze, 274 in Sukkur, two in Ghotki, 13 in Larkana, one in Jacobabad, 159 in Karachi East, 66 in Karachi West, 110 in South, 93 in Central, 44 in Malir and 36 in Korangi.

Murad Ali Shah said that a doctor while helping COVID-19 patient got infected and within nine days lost his life but saved the life of various other positive and suspects.

He said that 253 COVID-19 patients have recovered on Monday and 16 more patients recovered on Tuesday. Thus the number of the patients recovered so far is 269 which is good news, he said adding that out of 269 cured patients, 183 are pilgrims and 86 were others.

Eighteen people have lost their lives while fighting against coronavirus infection. On Monday Dr. Abdul Qadir Soomro died.

Meanwhile, owners and chief executive officers of private hospitals and leading doctors of the country in a meeting with Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah on Tuesday urged to extend lockdown after April 14 otherwise spread of coronavirus could not be controlled.

They suggested the chief minister not to ease off lockdown after April 14. “If the lock down is withdrawn or eased off, the virus would spread like forest-fire,” they said and added “A large population of the city is slum dweller – they live in small houses with large families and travel in buses,” they painted the picture and said if such kind of crowding is allowed people would get infected in buses and on the streets and would take the virus back to their home and get their family members and localities infected.

The chief minister said that he would consult with his cabinet and other stake holders on the issue.

All the CEOs and owners of the private hospitals assured the chief minister that they would provide him equipment, manpower, technical and expert support whenever the provincial government would be  in need.

The chief minister formed a committee headed by Health Minister Dr. Azra Pechuho with Dr. Asim, Dr. Sadia and various others on board to work out plan, requirement and arrangements to tackle the situation. (PR)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *