One more coronavirus case diagnosed in Karachi

Health

The new patient, 69 years old man hailing from District East Karachi, had visited Iran recently

Out of 251 tests across Pakistan only six cases have been diagnosed as positive, of them 2 are in Balochistan, 3 in Sindh and one in Gilgit Baltistan

Karachi: One more case of coronavirus has been diagnosed in Karachi on Thursday evening and now the number of such cases in Sindh rose to three.

This was disclosed in Taskforce meeting on Coronavirus held under the chairmanship of Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah here at CM House.

Shah said that he was taking all out efforts to contain the coronavirus but unfortunately third case has emerged. He directed health department to isolate the family members of the new patient and even trace all those who he was in close contact.

The meeting was attended by Minister Health Dr. Azra Pechuho, LG Minister Nasir Shah, Advisor Law Murtaza Wahab, Chief Secretary Mumtaz Shah, IG Sindh Mushtaq Maher, Commissioner Karachi Iftikhar Shahalwani, Home Secretary Usman Chachar, Additional IG Karachi Ghulam Nabi Memon, Secretary Health Zahid Abbasi, DG PDMA Salman Shah, Dr. Faisal of Aga Khan, representatives of Rangers, Corps -5, Civil Aviation, Airport and FIA.

The chief minister was told that six samples of coronavirus suspects were sent for lab test, of them one has been declared as positive and another one negative, while the result of four samples were being awaited.

The new patient is 69 years old. He is male and belongs to District East of Karachi. He has the history of visiting Iran.

The chief minister was informed that so far 251 test of coronavirus suspects have been conducted all over Pakistan which include 59 in Islamabad, 75 Punjab, 68 in Sindh, KPK 24, Balochistan eight, AJK three and Gilgit Baltistan 14. Out of 251 tests only six cases have been diagnosed as positive, of them two are in Balochistan, three in Sindh and one in Gilgit Baltistan.

The meeting was told that the total numbers of pilgrims have been calculated at 2355, of them 1748 have completed 14 days quarantine and have no symptoms of the virus, 497 are in quarantine at their home and 110 are still untraceable. The chief minister directed the secretary health to hand over the CNIC numbers of untraced pilgrims with NADRA to trace them properly.

Video conference: Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah through video link participated in the meeting organized by PM’s Special Assistant Health Dr. Zafar Mirza on coronavirus from Islamabad. Through video link the meeting was attended by the health minister and chief secretary of Punjab, health secretary of KPK, secretary health of Gilgat Baltistan and chief secretary of Balochistan.

The chief minister said that the first case had been diagnosed in Sindh and after that he has been holding regular meetings.

He said that the pilgrims who returned to Sindh have been traced through district committees headed by deputy commissioners. We have tried to contain the coronavirus through Public Private Partnership with Indus hospital. A renowned doctor of Aga Khan Dr. Faisal is also on board with Sindh government, he said.

The chief minister requested the federal government to share the province-wise details of the pilgrims who have been put in quarantine at Taftan and Chaman so that his government could take necessary measures.

The chief minister also pointed out that in Balochistan the pilgrims returning from Iran were being kept in quarantine only for five days. He suggested that they must be kept for 14 days as recommended by the experts/doctors.

Sindh Chief Minister offered Balochistan of his support whatever it needed for quarantine of pilgrims, testing of suspects and necessary equipment. (PR)

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *