Sindh Coronavirus Emergency Fund generates Rs.3.551 billion

Health

The amount includes Rs.2.87 billion donated by govt. entities and Rs.68.44 million by private sector   

Fund Committee headed by Chief Secretary approves Rs.285 million spent on setting up of Field Hospital at Expo Center Karachi

Karachi: Sindh government has utilized Rs.285 million from the Coronavirus Emergency Fund, it had established under the provincial chief secretary.

This was emerged in a meeting of the committee of the fund held under the chairmanship of Chief Secretary Mumtaz Shah at New Secretariat on Sunday. The committee members- Secretary Finance Hassan Naqvi, Dr. Abdul Bari CEO Indus Hospital, Faisal Edhi of Edhi Foundation and Mushtaq Chhapra, a philanthropist attended the meeting.

The meeting approved an amount of Rs.285 million utilized for establishment of Field Hospital Expo Center Karachi. The committee also approved another amount of Rs.5.5 million for purchase of kits and necessary equipment for the testing and treatment of Corona patients.

The meeting was told that till last week Rs.3.551 billion have been generated, including Rs.2.87 billion donated by government entities and Rs.68.44 million by private entities and people. The donations are pouring in the fund every day.

It may be noted that Government of Sindh had established Coronavirus Emergency Fund and under the TOR of the committee it shall roll-out different measures for the rehabilitation, long term welfare and financial well-being of the Coronavirus affected persons and their families.

The chief secretary said that each and every penny of the fund would be spent on the recommendation of the committee and the utilization of the funds would be audited by leading auditors. (PR)

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *