Poems by Taghrid Bou Merhi
Taghrid Bou Merhi is a Lebanese poetess living in Brazil. She is writer and translator; Arabic teacher for non-native speakers. She holds a law degree. She is editor of the electronic newspaper Al-Arabi Today (Lebanon Branch).
Moreover, she is Development Coach at Sawa Association for Development; Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Women’s Association for Culture, Literature and the Arts in Brazil.
She has been translating literature from Arabic to Spanish, English, French, Portuguese and Italian and vice versa.
Electronic Book: Agareed Al-Shawq (vertical poetry) (editors network edition).
Electronic Book: The Keys of Science
Verses and manifestations (Editors’ Network)
- Participated with a group of Arab writers in the Book of (the causes of victory in the battle of life), by the writer, poet Mohamed Dahroug.
- Participated in the first audio collection throughout the ages with the poem “Parting the Loved Ones”
- Participated in the Encyclopedia (of Arab Creators1000 pens)( The Cultural Elite)
- Participated in the encyclopedia of (Poets of Arab Youth) (The Cultural Elite)
- Participated in Encyclopedia (the teacher) (the cultural elite).
- Participated in the encyclopedia (the poem is female) (The Cultural Elite)
- Participated in the biography of writers by the poet Muhammad Sawalha / Jordan, Part Two.
- Participated in the book (Ammunition) by Dr. Muhammad Fathy Abdel Aal / Egypt, Part Three.
- Participated in the collection (The Thousand Quadra of the Seagull Poets).
- Participated in the encyclopedia (Feminist Poetry of Eloquent Poetry) by Professor Fatima Bou Haraka / Morocco.
- Participated in many Arab and foreign cultural seminars
Translation of the book The Rituals of Love into Spanish by the poet Fatima Mansour
Translation of a group of texts from the collection of books (Part Two and Three) by the poet Nasser Ramadan Abdel Hamid, into Spanish and Italian
Translated a book (Savage Wind) by the poet Azuk Kumar Mitra into Arabic and Portuguese
Published in many newspapers and magazines, print and electronic (Al-Nahar, the Lebanese, Al-Qabas Kuwaiti, the magazine Free Pen and others
She holds honorary degrees from international associations in Italy and Spain and from several literary forums.
What is the benefit of wishing?
I ask her:
What is the benefit of wishing?
If the words has no meaning!
But she was never faithful to promises we took with longing and poise
She never asked about my sorrows,
Neither about my humiliation…
She never cared about my soul or my wounds,
Never cared about my suffering…
My Faithful heart never forgets her,
And the pain in my soul never forgets me…
I feel, breaking the word after a promise,
Is like being cut by a sword
Or getting your teeth pulled out…
I have loved her,
Since I was a child
Sparkling lights, the most beautiful…
When passion acts crazy,
My tears overflow
So how if my imagination manifest!!!
More beautiful than a Jasmine flower,
Fills the garden of longing with its fragrance…
To appear as a bright full moon,
To outshine our moon when it came out…
I do not know!!!
The heart reverberates
What are the reasons???
I do not know…
If a shadow passes by me
I imagine my heart is going in turmoil!!!
How would you come to me???
Without me asking or requesting!!!
Before you answer
Listen to me,
You relish my captivity…
And you restrict my patience…
But the heart has no more patience…
Slow down, Oh firing heart
There are no more secrets in a secret…
This is Love when it comes
Unlocks the heart from a ban…